Monday, October 21, 2019

Just Call Me Hopalong


Hi, stitching friends!

Here is my view today from my couch, where I have been spending way too much of my day lately. I apparently broke my foot 2-3 weeks ago. I was just walking into the kitchen and POP! I felt this very sharp pain in my foot. I hobbled around on it for a couple weeks, thinking it was just tendinitis or my imagination. On Friday my doc ordered X-rays and we found out it was broken.

Luckily, a family friend is a well-known foot and ankle surgeon and he pulled my X-rays up at home this weekend. He thinks it may be broken in two places. He suggested I wear this lovely boot and stay off it, so I have an accompanying rolling scooter, which, to be honest, is pretty fun to roll around on.

By the way, my current stitching project is “Welcome Christmas” by The Drawn Thread. As you can see from all the little holes, I have done quite a lot of frogging on it. I just wasn’t loving the green for the letters and decided to try them in navy blue. I would have scrapped the whole thing and started over, but I just finished the over-one stitching on the stockings and couldn’t bear to start those over again.

Happy Mail


Today’s mail brought this sweet Halloween envelope and needle book from Stasibee. Isn’t she the greatest? I’ve been feeling kinda down and this lifted my spirits. Thank you, Stasi! ❤️

So, I need help coming up with a good story to explain how I broke my foot. Any suggestions? I was thinking I could tell people I was helping my husband on the ranch when I saw a 2,000-pound bull charging toward him. I threw myself in front of the bull, and the bull veered off at the last second, avoiding plowing into me but stepping on my foot. Better story, yes? What are your ideas?

Have a wonderful week, friends, and don’t be clumsy like me!

Your friend,
Hopalong